In addition to my writing, I also offer writing, proofreading, and copy editing services.
- Work instructions, SOPs, policies, and other business documentation
- Content for social media or blogs
Proofreading and Copy Editing
As with all editing, the more complicated and in-depth your work, the more important it is for me to be familiar with the subject matter. My favorite jobs include supernatural or speculative fiction, but I am willing to take on projects related to any of the following:
- Short stories, novels, and books for any age
- Newsletters, brochures, etc. for any subject matter
- Nonfiction books about animals, nature, dance and other performing arts, writing, business/management, or roller derby (Yes, I know it’s an odd list.)
My fee for proofreading and copy editing ranges from 3¢ to 9¢ per word, depending on the complexity of the project. For very short projects (1,500 words or less), I will accept payment upon completion. For longer projects, I will require partial payment up front.
For a more specific quote, email the following information to VeronicaSchultzEditing@gmail.com:
In the body of the email, please include:
- Word count
- Type of work (novel, short story, newsletter, etc.)
- General description
In an attached Word document, send your completed work. All of my editing is done in MS Word, using the track changes function.
Want to know what others have said?
“Veronica Schultz is diligent, thorough, and creative. You can always trust she will accomplish her task completely and with style.” – Chris Shope
“Veronica has been very helpful with editing pieces for both our newsletters and our website. I have a very casual writing style, and Veronica is able to help me look more professional and polished while still maintaining my own style.” – Laura Zitzelberger