As with all editing, the more complicated and in-depth your work, the more important it is for me to be familiar with the subject matter. There are very few subjects I would refuse to work on. However, my favorites and specialties include:
- Short stories and novels for YA and adult readers
- Favorite Genres: horror, supernatural, speculative
- Newsletters, brochures, etc. for any subject matter
- Books about animals, nature, dance and other performing arts, writing, business/management, or roller derby (Yes, I know it’s an odd list.)
- Bachelors and Masters level papers and projects
- Please check your school’s/teacher’s policies to ensure editing services are allowed before requesting services from me, or any other professional.
My fee for proofreading and copy editing ranges from 3¢ to 9¢ per word, depending on the complexity of the project. For very short projects (1,500 words or less), I will accept payment upon completion. For longer projects, I will require a partial payment up front.
For a more specific quote, email the following information to VeronicaSchultzEditing@gmail.com:
In the body of the email, please include:
- Word count
- Type of work (novel, short story, newsletter, etc.)
- General description
In an attached Word document, send your completed work. All of my editing is done in MS Word, using the track changes function.